HCMC 2014

HCMC 2014

Thursday, 30 October 2014

Day 4 Jasper

Vinamilk

    1. What did I find most interesting or challenging?
The fact that the entire compound is almost non-manual work. This results in only 50 staff per factory which also includes the farm. They include the engineer, maintainers, and do stuff to do things that can't be done fully based on robots. The challenge was understanding the mechanism, as I love how these work especially the programming of the laser guided vehicles  to track and not go off course. 
    2. What have I learnt during this visit?
That Vietnam is very technologically advanced and the government is helping the civilians to be healthier, taller and so on using dairy products. Thus Vinamilk took advantage of this and exploit this to their advantage.
     3.What surprised me?
That Vietnam has such access to such technology as I thought that Vietnam's economy was low and could not afford this. Also that they have such good planning and wise investment of the space provided. 
     4.What am I still confused about?
Nothing

Water puppet
    1. What did I find most interesting or challenging?
The way that the puppeteers control the puppet with such skill in near darkness
    2. What have I learnt during this visit?
That water puppeteering is difficult and needs to be in synchronisation with the music
     3.What surprised me?
Nothing
     4.What am I still confused about?
Nothing

Ben Than Market
        1. What did I find most interesting or challenging?
The fact that we got molested >5 and some were forced to buy the items. Some were grabbed and stopped by the owners, some got stalked and were surprised, some were pulled into the shop. I also learnt how to bargin to lower prices
        2. What have I learnt during this visit?
That we have to be more careful of our surrounding and have more situation awareness. This is because I saw that lot of people do not wait for their friends who are at the back, being molested and buying stuff. Therefore, we have to learn how to watch out for our friends.
      3.What surprised me?
Nothing
     4.What am I still confused about?
Nothing

War Remnant Museum
        1. What did I find most interesting or challenging?
The weapons used during and war and how agent orange affect numerous generations of the Vietnamese 


        2. What have I learnt during this visit?
That war does not have winners, only survivors. Both sides did atrocities and the US coalitions were also mean to the civilian such as disembowelling them. I finally could look at other point of view which was from the Vietcong 
      3.What surprised me?
Nothing
     4.What am I still confused about?
Nothing

What have I learnt about the conflict



        1. What did I find most interesting or challenging?


The weapons used during and war and how agent orange affect numerous generations of the Vietnamese 
        2. What have I learnt during this visit?
That war does not have winners, only survivors. Both sides did atrocities and the US coalitions were also mean to the civilian such as disembowelling them. I finally could look at other point of view which was from the Vietcong 
      3.What surprised me?
Nothing
     4.What am I still confused about?
Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment