HCMC 2014

HCMC 2014

Thursday, 30 October 2014

Day 4 - Vinamilk, Markets and water (Keene)

What I found interesting about the various places were
-For Vinamilk, how everything is automated.
-For the Market, how they tried to get people to come to their stalls
-For the water puppets, how they could see and control the puppets.
-For the War Remnants Museum, I found out how the victims of the war were affected by Agent Orange.
As there wasn’t really much to do today, the only thing challenging was the bargaining of the goods from the various shops at the market.
I learnt from this visit how Vinamilk operates and how it is automated, and I also learnt that the shop owners in Vietnam will do absolutely everything to get you to purchase their goods. I also learnt about the Vietnam War and the Agent Orange weapon and its effects on its victims.
What surprised me was the amount of automation that Vinamilk has, and the gruesomeness of the effects of dioxin in the Agent Orange weapon.
What I am still confused about is why the US were so determined to get rid of communism. Vietnam were of no threat to the US before the bloody war, and the use of Agent Orange was even denied by other countries.
I learnt that Vietnam has a vibrant culture, especially the water puppets, from many many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment