HCMC 2014

HCMC 2014

Friday, 31 October 2014

Day 5- Reflection (Chiu Jianing)

1. What did I find most interesting or challenging?
    I found the Cu Chi tunnels the most interesting as I learnt about how the Vietnamese soldiers survived during the war. I found crawling through the tunnels the most challenging thing as  I kept bumping my head against the ceiling.

2. What have I learnt during this visit?
    I have learnt how the Vietnamese people survived during the war and how the soldiers fought. I learnt that there are bunkers made from hardened mud to hide the soldiers.

3. What surprised me? Why?
    I am surprised about the traps that the Vietnamese people set as I expected traps but the traps they set were kind of cruel and I mostly cringed when I saw how the trap was done.

4. What am I still confused about?
    I am still confused about how the Vietnamese got their resources as they were mostly hidden in the bunkers during the war.

5. What have I learnt about myself/people/conflict/good governance/culture etc?
    I have learnt that I am quite interested in the Cu Chi tunnels and how the Vietnamese soldiers lived. I am also interested in wildlife rescue and I love the animals there.

6. How has my impression of HCMC changed?
   I used to think that Vietnam was a beautiful country as it was simple and everyone in a district knew each other. Now, I still think that it is a beautiful place and it is simple and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment