HCMC 2014

HCMC 2014

Friday, 31 October 2014

Day 5 Reflection (Chong Wei)

What did I find interesting or challenging?
I find navigating through the Cu Chi Tunnels challenging, I am also interested about how the Vietnamese soldiers can move through them as it was difficult for me to go through it. It is also interesting on how animal poachers would go to such lengths to earn money.

What have I learnt during this visit?
I learnt that some animal hunting traps can be illegal and exceptionally brutal. Similarly, the Vietnamese traps for the Americans looked extremely lethal, but it was never meant to kill, but rather injure the Americans.

What surprised me? Why?
What surprised me was the architecture of the tunnels as such complex network seemed impossibly hard to construct at that time.

What am I still confused about?
I am still confused about how the Vietnamese soldiers can memorise the tunnel patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment