HCMC 2014

HCMC 2014

Friday, 31 October 2014

Day 5 - Cu Chi (Keene)

What I found interesting during the visit was how the Vietnamese lived during the war. Besides that, what I found challenging was crawling through the tunnels, as it was extremely tight and destroyed a shirt. What I learnt was how the Vietnamese defended themselves against the American troops during the war, using the tunnel systems and the wreckage from the American tanks and bombs to construct booby traps. What had surprised me was the innovativeness of the Vietnamese during the war and the number of animals they had at the wildlife rescue centre. I am still confused about how they get and transport the animals to and fro from the wildlife rescuer centre and how they release them back to the wild. I have learnt that the Vietnamese during the war were innovative and had survival skills during guerrilla warfare. I think my impression of HCMC has changed. It's more advanced, and shows the Vietnamese innovativeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment